2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Throw Me Back In The Fire

Refiner's FireImage by KellyB. via Flickr
On my way to work this morning, I was preparing myself. Preparing myself for what I was going to do, what I was going to say, because yesterday wasn't the best of days. But I had attitude, I was ready for a challenge, but not in a good way.  I was ready to say something and that something was not very nice.

Then, I stopped for moment from my preparation. I took a step back and realized what I was doing. I realized that my heart was not in the right place. I was focusing on what I wanted to do, not what I needed to do.  I shouted to God "throw me back in the fire, because I am not reflecting you."  After making this observation it instantly melted my pride.  For it was then that I realized that it is not worth it.  It is not worth it to get back at someone, it is not worth it to hurt someone because you can.  It is not worth it to lose ones soul in order to gain a foothold on this earth.  It is not worth it.  I don't always get it right, but I try.

Sometimes it drives me nuts when God stops me in my tracks, but then I realize that he is only saving me from me.  Another lesson learned in my daily walk in faith.

The Refiner's Fire is what it is called, there are dozens of songs and stories that talk about this fire.  It compares the way God is with us to a refiner with his silver. The only way the silver can be purified is though fire and the refiner knows when it is done when he can see his reflection in the silver.  That is how God will know when we are done, when he can see his reflection in us.

Zechariah 13:9 (NIV) 9 This third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them;        I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.' "

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Do you know how many times we make it through a day before we think like that? Too many. It's a really good point that we need to start our days with God to make our lives simpler.

    I came by this blog thanks to the Blog Farm and have added you. Please come by and visit my blog at One Man Revival (http://onemanrevival.blogspot.com).

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog post..You know I believe in my heart of heart those who truly want to follow the Lord when they find themselves not acting like Christ, we go back into the fire. And though at the time we don't like it but God is perfecting us to be more like HIM everyday. I simply love your testimony. I pay you continue to share it with everyone, Had God not thrown you in the fire and you went to work as you have planned to do the outcome would of not been a very good one. Several thing happen here. God stopped you and when you went to work others saw Christ in you. That makes you a living testimony. Praise GOD

    ReplyDelete