2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Stand in the Rain

Superchick "Stand in the Rain"
So stand in the rain
Stand your ground
Stand up when it's all crashing down
You stand through the pain
You won't drown
And one day what's lost can be found
You stand in the rain

running in the rainImage by otomatuah via Flickr

Today I went for a run in the rain.  Why?  Because I really needed to run.  I have been really stressed out and full of anxiety lately.  I have a lot of emotional rainstorms to overcome.  I had to run.  Lots of tension in my neck, tightness in my chest and aching all over.  The only way to release all of this stress and anxiety was to run, and today it was in the rain.

Why do we always associate rain with bad things?  Why do we use it to compare to the bad things in our lives?   In the Bible, rain was seen as a blessing upon the crops so they might grow. Rain is what purifies the earth and today I needed to purify me.

The rain started out light but as I kept running it started to pour, I was drenched.  But it felt good, especially on such a hot day as today.  I could feel the tension in my neck releasing and the tightness in my chest going away as I would breathe in the pure air.  I never knew that running in the rain could be such a cleansing experience, but that is what the rain is for, to cleanse. 

So what do you do when the storm is coming down on you and the rain is pouring? You stand, you stand in the rain.

Wouldn't you know I outlasted the rainstorm, all I had to do was stand.  Had I waited another hour I wouldn't have had to run it the rain in the first place, but then I wouldn't have much to post about either.

Hebrews 6:7 (KJV)For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. This has been a so interesting read, would love to read more here....

    home business

    ReplyDelete