2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Something Beautiful


I had a procedure done on my face a few days ago.  Trying to improve my complexion because I have always has moderate to severe acne.  Anyway, the procedure caused me to have the appearance of  a massive sunburn.  To make matters worse a few days later it started some massive peeling.  While I got a few stares and a few laughs, it really wasn't such a big deal.  But then I realized something, my two year wasn't fazed a bit.  As if she didn't even notice my appearance.  She still gave me big hugs and kisses.  She never even stared.  To her it didn't matter, if she even noticed.

Nothing seems to faze children.  They aren't afraid of much, they play in the mud, play with bugs.  Some don't even understand the concept of fear.  They see people for their real, true beauty.  And they know when someone is not.  They don't see color.  They don't see ugly. They only see the good.  They are fascinated by the little things.  They are humble and kind. They love with their whole heart.  They love without measure and without reservation.  They can brighten up just about any dreary circumstance. Bring a smile to your face when you didn't think it was possible.  They can melt the coldest of hearts.  They appreciate the little things.  If only we could see the world through their eyes.

It was a humbling experience, observing my two year old.  Watching the way she sees the world.  Even I was a little thrown back when I saw myself in the mirror.  But to her it didn't matter, she didn't care, I'm her mommy no matter what.  Oh, the heart of a child!  How can someone so small make such a big difference?

Maybe if we could humble ourselves as children, see things, see people the way they are truly meant to be seen, then maybe in everything we could see something beautiful.

Matthew 18:1-5 (NIV) 1At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" 2He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. This is really nice info.Thanks for such a wonderful post.home business

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by enjoying your blog. I am assuming that is your daughter? Either way she is beautiful. Love your writing God bless you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by!!! Yes that is my baby, I learn so much from my kids, both of them. Thanks for reading!! God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete