2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Real Machine Gun Preacher

I know that I have posted about this before.  But I have become completely  fascinated with this man and his mission. His name, in case you don't know is Sam Childers.  His mission, to save the children in the war savaged Sudan region of Africa.  He founded the Angels of East Africa, which is an organization dedicated to rescuing and helping the children caught in the crossfire of Sudan and Uganda.  One of the only organizations that doesn't leave when war breaks out. He also heads an orphanage there that houses these young victims. This man and his crew are hard core!!!

A little history behind Mr. Childers.  He was once a drug using biker, who found God.  He went on a mission trip to Africa and that changed his life forever.  I believe that was over 14 years ago. He is nonstop and doesn't miss a beat. He even injured his leg a few weeks back, but that didn't keep him down.


Currently there is a movie about his life in production staring none other than Gerard Butler to play him as well as a reality series in full swing.  This man manages to maintain a church in Pennsylvania and he  travels all over the country.  He is a published author of his own book entitled "Another Man's War."

So where is Mr. Childers now?  Well according to his Twitter and Facebook (yes I follow him on both) he just returned from a trip to Africa, doing what he does best.  This man is amazing to say the least.  He has all of this going on and he is in Africa risking his life once again to do God's work.  

Mr. Childers, you are definitely a man after God's own heart!!
God bless you and your crew!!!   You guys are my new Heroes!!!!

John 15:13 (NIV) 13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

If you would like more information on Mr. Childers and his mission you can go to the following websites:  

To follow him on Facebook or Twitter:
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment