2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Purpose

Got Purpose? - Sermon TitleImage by godserv via Flickr
I have always believed that God has me where I am for a reason.  A lot of the time the reason is obvious.  Here lately, I wonder if there is a reason at all.  I don't believe that anything God does is in vain, everything serves a purpose.   So my question is: What is my purpose now?  Have I already served my purpose and am now just taking up space.  What does He have planned for me?  Does he have something planned for me?

Here lately things have been trying to say the least.  I just can understand what is going on and why it is happening.  Has God forgotten about me?  Why do I feel like where I am at right now is punishment?  Do I have to go through this day after day? Why do I have to go through this?

Sometimes we may spend awhile in transition, and that while may seem like an eternity.  But we have to look beyond our current situation in order to see the bigger picture.  There is a purpose and there is a reason for everything and every situation.  Sometimes it is merely to build our character, to see how we react to a situation.  To humble us.  To teach us empathy.  To build our faith.  To teach us.  Sometimes it is just for the people around us to see something in us, to teach them, to show them.  Sometimes our purpose isn't obvious to us, but it doesn't need to be.  We have to have faith that God's knows what is best and he has plans for us.  We all have a purpose and one day that purpose will be revealed!!!

Romans 9:17- For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment