2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ocean Floor

McMurdo Sound sea lifeImage via Wikipedia
Any idea just how deep the deepest part of the ocean floor is? I read that the average ocean depth is 2.65 miles down, over 14,000 feet. The deepest part of the ocean is said to be about 10,924 meters (35,840 feet) below sea level, approximately 6.8 miles.  No man has ever reached that depth.  It takes special equipment to even measure that far.

I never really understood exactly what it meant to be forgiven.  I always thought that you doing something bad, you ask forgiveness and you are forgiven.  Easy right?? You know the saying "I forgive but I can't forget",  well that is the human form of forgiveness.  But God's forgiveness is unimaginable.  When you truly ask God for forgiveness of a sin, it is literally blotted out as if the sin never existed, your slate is wiped clean.  If only man could forgive that way.

So often we are the ones that can't forgive ourselves, if only we could forget also.  I can't tell you how may times I ask for forgiveness and I keep reliving the sin, I keep beating myself up, I keep thinking that I am unforgivable.  Why can't I just accept the fact that I am forgiven and move forward? God has, He has toss them to the ocean floor, a place where no one can reach them. A place where they will never again see the light of day.  A place where they are forgotten. What a God that will literally erase our wrongdoings if we ask him.  If only man could be so kind.

"Your sins are forgotten they're on the bottom of the ocean floor" (Audio Adrenaline- Ocean Floor)

Micah 7:18 Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. 19 You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

Isaiah 43:25-26 I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins. Put Me in remembrance; let us contend together; state your case, that you may be acquitted.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment