2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Greatest Superhero

The Passion of the ChristImage by six steps  via Flickr
I am a superhero fanatic.  I love superhero movies, I can watch them all day long.  Luckily my son enjoys them too so I have someone to watch them with.  My husband doesn't really care for them much.  But that's ok, I will watch them all by myself, in box, with a fox, just kidding.

So, anyway, all superhero stories usually begin and end somewhat the same, there is always the good guy versus the bad guy and in the end the good guy wins.  Superheros always have their special power, whether they are from another planet, bitten by a spider, exposed to radioactive matter, maybe a genius, or whatever the case may be.  No matter how they became a superhero, the point it they are a superhero and their objective is the help everyone in need.  If only they really existed.

But there was a superhero that really existed and he walked this earth for about 33 years.  His name wasn't anything fancy or catching, he wasn't called Superman or Batman.  His name was Jesus of Nazareth, and superpowers he had many.  He walked on water; He rose the dead; He healed the sick, the blind, the crippled; He forgave sins; the very storms obeyed his command.  He can fly, He can read your mind, He can see your dreams.  He bore your pain, He wore your shame.  He died and He rose again.  He knows you by name, for he made you.  He knows the very number of hairs on your head.   He knows everything and he can be everywhere all at once.  He gives strength to the weak and power to the powerless. He saved the world!!! And the best part is, He still lives. There isn't a real or make believe superhero that can even come close.  For He is the greatest superhero and the only one for that matter, and I am one of his biggest fans, better yet a fanatic.

Matthew 8:27 (KJV) But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment