2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Doubt or Disbelief??

DoubtImage by Shahram Sharif via Flickr
I went for a walk with my dad this evening.  We usually talk about a number of things on our walks, which happen about once a week.  Tonight we talked a lot about his results from his second opinion. It's funny because the same things that were going through my mind were going though his mind as well.  So many questions with no answers?

How does one test show one thing and another test show something else?  Was the test done correctly?  What if the test is wrong?  What if? What if? What if?  We both had the same questions or  doubts or maybe I should say disbelief.  But who are we questioning or doubting or disbelieving?

I have been struggling with this for the past week or so.  I prayed for a miracle, on my knees through my tears prayed and prayed and prayed.  Praying till exhaustion for an impossible miracle. Through the worst possible scenario my miracle happened and now I am questioning that miracle.  Now I am questioning God.  Why am I questioning this power of God?

When did we stop believing in miracles?  Are we so wrapped up in this world that we think that they are no longer possible.  Has our faith been so tainted that we can no longer believe in the impossible.  We pray, we have faith and when the impossible happens we question it.  Why? Because we mere mortals cannot explain it.

We serve the God of the impossible, there is NOTHING, nothing that is impossible to him.  He placed the very stars in the sky and He knows them by name.  A presence that is so Holy that the very angels have to cover their eyes.  His mere words spoke the world into existence.  His finger could write words into stone.  He formed me out of nothing and here I am questioning this one small miracle in a world where He has done an unimaginable amount miracles.

How is it that I wouldn't have doubted the bad news, but here I am doubting the good?  What is it with this world that if it can't be explained then something is wrong? 

I have to walk by faith, I have to breathe by faith, especially when I cannot see.  For I serve the God of the IMPOSSIBLE and there is NOTHING that He cannot do!!

Mark 11:23 (KJV)  For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV)5Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.



Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Hi found your content to be very interesting appreciate the good work you doing…home business

    ReplyDelete