2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Book of Eli

The Book of EliImage via Wikipedia
I will rarely recommend any movies on this blog, unless it really hits home for me, and this one did just that.

This movie is currently out on video. My husband and I watched it a few weekends ago.  Normally, I am not they type to watch a movie that has so much gore.  But this movie has a point and a wonderful point that is.  I would recommend this movie to anyone over the age of 18.  For the journey was violent and sometimes grotesque but the ending was uplifting and heroic.

To sum it up this movie takes place in a repulsive wasteland of the future. The story is based around a man named Eli who has been walking, quite a number of years on a journey to deliver a book. A voice led him to the book and a voice told him to go on this journey. On his journey, he encounters many obstacles.  But he will stop at nothing to protect this book,  even kill.  What is this book?  It is the last of its kind.  A book that people would kill to get their hands on.  A book with words so powerful that it will change hearts and minds.

Why does this movie hit home for me?  Why would I recommend such a movie?  Because Eli's whole journey was a walk in faith.  So I will stop here in order not to ruin the ending.

Sometimes a movie has to be a certain way to prove a point.  Anyone who has seen "The Passion of the Christ"  would agree.  It could have been less bloody and gruesome, but it still is a fantastic story.

The ending is phenomenal, uplifting and literally gave me goose bumps. It will make you realize just how powerful the whole movie is.

"For We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight" - 2 Corinthians 5:7 (KJV) - This is a verse out of Eli's book.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I watched it, i didn't like it at first because it has so much gore but my husband encouraged me and we watched it together. Really a very nice ending..I agree with you, a must see movie!

    ReplyDelete