2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Alternate Universe

Human being asking Universe...Image by CLUC via Flickr
There is no team effort anymore.  This place is consumed with insanity and everyone is only out for themselves.  That is how I felt today.  On the edge of breaking down.  On the cliff, losing my balance about to fall.  Feeling as if I would explode at any moment, and as if God were somehow protecting me from myself.  I wanted to scream, but couldn't.

Respect does not exist anymore.  People will do anything to get ahead and will literally sell their soul to do so.  They actively participate in other peoples demise and feel no guilt or shame in doing so.  What is going on here??? What alternate universe am I in?

I REFUSE to live up to these standards, or down to these standards, should I say.  Why?  because I was raised better than that.  My parents taught me how to be kind and how to be respectful if for no other reason then the fact that you are a human being.  Not, well I am above you so therefore you can do everything.

Let it be said of us that this is not acceptable. Let it be said of us that this will not stand.  Let it be said of us that our children will not stoop to this level, to believe that they are better than another for whatever reason.
Respect is what is given to show appreciation,  respect is what is learned from parents.  Children are not taught these things anymore and seems that adults don't know it either. When did we stop caring?  When did we become so consumed with number 1? Let us show compassion and mercy. Let us be more than we can be. Let us be the example to our children and other peoples children, that they may become better adults.


I was raised to show kindness and humility, to show patience and worth.  To appreciate the little things and to love beyond measure.

What will be said of you??

Matthew 7:12 (NIV) So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.


2 Corinthians 10:12-16 (NIV) 12 We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise. 13 We, however, will not boast beyond proper limits, but will confine our boasting to the field God has assigned to us, a field that reaches even to you. 14 We are not going too far in our boasting, as would be the case if we had not come to you, for we did get as far as you with the gospel of Christ. 15 Neither do we go beyond our limits by boasting of work done by others. Our hope is that, as your faith continues to grow, our area of activity among you will greatly expand, 16 so that we can preach the gospel in the regions beyond you. For we do not want to boast about work already done in another man's territory.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment