2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

When I Need It

God always gives me what I need when I need, but I don't always choose to see it.  Sometimes I am so wrapped up in my own selfish ways that I fail to see what God does and has done for me.  Sometimes I worry about the stupidest things and forget to see all of the blessings in my life. I focus on what I don't have instead of what I do.  I fail to appreciate the little things.

God speaks to me all of the time.  No, I don't hear his voice, but he speaks to me in other ways.  Sometimes it through a song or someone with words of encouragement, sometimes it a message from church or just a simple smile from a stranger.

This past Christmas a group of friends and I went to our local soup kitchen to hand out toiletries and other things that were donated to the people that went there for lunch.  Most of the people that go there are either homeless of close to it.  There I was thinking that I was the one giving, but I was the one that went away with something.  There was a man there,  I don't even think he had a place to stay, but he had this smile on his face and made sure to tell us how much God loves us.  This man had next to nothing, yet he praised God for what he did have, and right then and there it was a hot meal.  This one man humbled me and made me realize all of the things that I have to be grateful for.  The funniest part was that I really needed that,  I needed to see someone elses gratefulness in the worst of conditions.  It really made me look at what I have in a different way.

Thank you God for always giving me what I need exactly when I need it.

(Matthew 6:8b, 31-34)Your father knows what you need before you ask him. So do not worry, saying 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today's trouble is enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment