2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Rainclouds and Thunderstorms

Thunderstorms produce many hazards that put li...
My day ended with actual rainclouds and thunderstorms.  But that is what the day brought, rainclouds and thunderstorms but not in the literal sense. 

As I went for my evening walk it started to rain a little.  As I looked to my left I could see the rainclouds, hear the thunder and see the lightening in the distance. On the right was something peculiar, it was a beautiful sunset amidst of everything else.  My eyes were drawn to the sunset, but my fear was drawn to the rainclouds and thunderstorms.  I kept looking back to make sure the lightening was still afar.  But I couldn't stop looking at my right.  The sunset was so beautiful.  As the rain got heavier I glanced again at the rainclouds and could see at the end of them was light again.

I got a phone call today with not so good news.  I could feel the rainclouds and thunderstorms set in.  It stayed with me most of the day only couldn't see the beautiful sunset or the light at the end because I was so worried about the rainclouds and the thunderstorms.  How often in our lives do we fail to the see the light at the end?  How often are we so engulfed with the bad weather that we forget who is in charge?

I didn't really know what God was trying to show me today, until I went for my evening walk.  That amidst the rain, the thunder and the lighting, there is the most beautiful sunset.

John 8:12 (KJV)Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.


Enhanced by Zemanta
(Image via Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment