2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Monday, July 12, 2010

I Surrender All

Your HandsImage by Toni Blay via Flickr
It has been about 15 years since I wrote a poem, here goes, maybe I lost it, don't laugh.








If I don't see him does he really exist, If I can't hear him is it all in my mind,
My Lord, my God, please give me a sign
Let me know You are here, let me know You love me,
Let me know that You are looking down from above me.
Teach me Your ways, show me Your love,
 So that I may show it to others a gift from above.
Melt my heart, teach me kindness, love and humility.
Teach me these things be a pillar to me.

Be my anchor, my tower, my refuge,
give me a place to go when I refuse
 to conform to the world to be one of them,
to try to live my life without sin.

Help me to reflect only qualities of You,
Help me know what i am supposed to do,
 here on this earth my purpose, my being,
here has to be so much more than what I am seeing.

I reject myself , my life is yours,
do what you will, you gave me that choice.
I choose to follow, I lay my burdens, 
I pick up my cross I'm not far behind you.
Help me to be all that I can be,
not wasting my time on such stupidity
Hear my voice, Lord hear my call,
for I surrender, I surrender all

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment