2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Empty Promises

Baby's foot in father's handsImage by kate with a camera via Flickr
I am full of empty promises.  Especially when it comes to my kids.  I always seem to make plans that never happen.  I guess I let them down a lot, but the never say anything.  They keep asking for things and I say sure and it never happens.  It's not that I don't intend on keeping the promise, it is that something always comes up to interfere with our plans. But sometimes, every once in awhile, I surprise them and keep my promise.

There is one person that has always kept His promises.  He has promised to give me strength when I am weak.  He has promised to give me patience when I have none.  He has promised to pick me up when I fall and hold me when I cry.  His promises are endless and He has never broken a promise and has never made an empty one.  I strive to be more like Him with my promises, especially when it comes to my kids. Hopefully they won't make the same empty promises that I have.

John 15:16 (KJV)Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment