2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Cracks In The Windshield

GORI, GEORGIA - AUGUST 13:  A woman sits behin...Image by Getty Images via @daylife
Cracks in the windshield are so unpredictable.   You think you know where it is going and then suddenly it is going in a different direction.   As soon as I got in my car this afternoon I saw this huge crack across my windshield.  It wasn't there this morning.  It started as this little vertical crack, which supposedly was "fixed", and next thing I know there is a horizontal crack almost completely across. 

Life is a lot like cracks in the windshield.  You think you know where is it going and then suddenly and without warning it goes in a different direction and throws you for a loop.  You think a little problem is "fixed" and the next thing you know there a bigger one in its place.  Stress and frustration sets in because now you have to put more time and effort into something that started out so small.

But unlike the cracks in a windshield, there is something or better yet Someone who can ease the burden and fill in the cracks and in time can make it look brand new.  No matter how big or small the crack, he can fix it, only this time it won't fall through.

Isaiah 33:2- O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment