2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Beyond Religion

Losing My ReligionImage by Cayusa via Flickr
It's not about going to church.  It's not about doing good deeds.  It's not about keeping all of the commandments.  It's about a personal relationship with God.  It it the acceptance of him as your Lord and Savior.  That is what will determine your salvation.  It is accepting that you will never be good enough and that it is only by grace through faith that you will enter those golden gates.

It took me a long time to realize that.  I thought that you had to be a certain way, dress a certain way, do certain things in order to be a "Christian" or be "saved".  I use the term "Christian" loosely because it has been so overused in our society.  When I say that I am a "Christian"  I am only saying that I choose to follow God and strive to be a woman after his heart.  I am imperfect, I am broken, I am a sinner, I fall daily. 

But this I know for sure- God loves me. He loves me so much that He would rather die then live without me. When I am at my worst, He still loves me.  When I have done something that I think is unforgivable, He still loves me.  And if I ask for forgiveness, He will forgive me.  He will take me, just as I am. It's beyond religion. It's Faith!!

Romans 3:23-27 (KJV) 23For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;26To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.



Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Hi fellow believer it's just good to see and meet friends in Christ. Saw your blog at the blogfarm. Keep posting such as this for your labor is not in vain with the Lord. Godbless!!

    ReplyDelete