2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Anywhere But Here!!

The development of Moscow International Busine...Image via Wikipedia
Some days I want to go anywhere, anywhere but here, and today was one of those days.  When frustration sets in and I just get so overwhelmed, I just want to go somewhere, anywhere.  If  only it were possible to step out of my life, even for just a moment,  I would love to just get away. I would love to get away and forget about everything.

I often wonder if this part of God's plan for me and if so, why does it have to be so hard, and why does the journey have to be so humbling? Will I ever get a  break? Will things ever get better?  Will I ever stop worrying about money, health, my kids? How long will I have to wait?  Will my life always be like this?

Sometimes I feel like my life is a test, a test of my faith.  Will I praise God or curse Him?  I have that choice. But I have always chosen to praise Him, even through the worst.

Faith and hope is all I have.  My faith is what gets me out of bed in the morning, the faith that God knows what is best for me and that he has plans for me.  My faith can endure the worst of conditions and can rejoice in the best.  I know one day it will all be worth it. And anywhere that I may go, God will always be with me.

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version) For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment