2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Monday, June 28, 2010

When the World Falls Apart

God, we need Your love!Image by kelsey_lovefusionphoto via Flickr
(NIV)Psalms 45:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, 3 though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Selah 4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. 5 God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day. 6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; he lifts his voice, the earth melts.10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

I was overwhelmed that morning as i got to work. I was taking a few vacation days at the end of the week and was trying to get my desk cleared off before I left. (if you saw my desk you would know why I was so overwhelmed) As I was trying to prioritize my projects, I got a call from my mom (who rarely calls me at work) with some horrifying news.
An old friend of mines husband was killed. They had two young children. My heart was breaking as my mom told me what she knew. So as I am worrying about all the stupid stuff on my desk, someone elses world was turning upside and then into a million pieces. As I worry about all these stupid things, someones elses life is falling apart. It makes you put things into perspective.

Its hard not to blame God when bad things happen. Its hard not to ask him why?? There is no answer, not right now anyway, one day we will get that answer and we will understand. All we can do now is ask God for strength and guidance, for the things that happen are beyond our own understanding. We have to put it in his hands, especially when it is too much to bear. There is no situation that he can't see us through. Even though I cannot fathom what she is going through right now, I know He will see her through. He will give her the strength that she never knew she had.

Lord, I just ask that you bless my friend and her family at this time, give them the strengthen and guidance that they need to get through this. Be their place of refuge, comfort them, let them know that You are there, always.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment