2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Monday, June 21, 2010

What a Day!!!!

Is it over yet??? Most days my job is tolerable, I take things as they come.  Over the years I have built up quite a thick skin, that's what you get for working for lawyers.  But today, oh what a day, I was politely insulted by an unattractive, old, short man.  Maybe in his mind he was just joking but its hard to take it that way when your the butt of the joke.   It wasn't even that bad of an insult, its just the fact that he had the nerve to say anything about me at all.  I am sorry if I am not that pleasing enough to your eyes that you have to say some stupid comment just to make conversation.  Of course, I politely laughed it off.

On the way home with the kids I had the radio turned up a little bit, sunglasses on and had myself a little cry, quietly, so the kids wouldn't notice.  The funny part is,  I usually don't cry about stupid stuff like that, just sometimes things build up to the point where one little stupid thing turns on the waterworks.

Why was I carrying such a load?  I am they type that just lets things build up and build up.  I brush things off as if it doesn't affect me but sooner or later things build up to the point where it take its toll. 

Psalms 55:22- Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall

I always say that I put things in God's hands, but I always seem to take them back. Do I really think that I can do a better job? Do I really think that I know what's best for me? No matter what God has done for me for some reason I keep taking my burdens back.


Please Lord, make my faith stronger, so that I may cast all of my cares, worries and burdens on You, since You are so willing to take that load.

No comments:

Post a Comment