2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

These Hands

Baby Hands, 5Image by nathangibbs via Flickr
Well from my last post, I guess you can tell I didn't have such a good day.  Sometimes the weight of the world just takes its toll.  For those of you that don't know, my kids are quite the handful, especially the little one. After an event filled day of screaming and crying for nothing (my 2 year old, not me) I was ready to collapse and go to bed.  But of course that was impossible, I had to clean the kitchen and straighten up a little.  It was after 11:00 pm before I got to bed.  I was so ready for the day to be over with.  Yes, my daughter still sleeps in the bed with us.   I thought she was asleep but as I laid down and got comfortable I felt these little hands on face as if she was saying "It's ok mommy, I love you".  These little hands had the ability to melt the rest of the world away, even it if was just for a moment.

It reminded me of someone else's hands.  The hands that held the weight of the world, the hands that pulled Peter out of the water to keep him from drowning, when Peter took his eyes off of Him.  The hands that put mud on the blind mans eyes and once the mud was washed away the blind man could see.  The very hands that measured the sky.  The hands that were pierced with nails to show us the ultimate sacrifice, the same hands that still bear the scars to prove it.

Did God really use these little hands to remind me of his love?
Never underestimate the power of these hands.

Isaiah 49:16- Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are in My view continuously.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment