2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Somewhere I Belong

Lonely Woman Watching Sea Waves on BeachImage by epSos.de via Flickr
So I was visiting with some friends at church this morning.  We were talking about everyday things.  Then they started to talk to each other about some vacation that they were planning to take together along with another couple (the other couple wasn't me and my husband).  I walked away to tend to my 2 year old acting as if it didn't bother me, but the truth is, it did.

I spent most of my life trying to fit in, trying to find somewhere I belong. I have always felt like an outsider. I have never really felt like I belonged quite anywhere, not even in my own family.  Not for any lack of trying.  Maybe I tried too hard, or maybe for some reason or another I'm just not that likable.  I know that I am not the most outgoing person and am somewhat reserved, ok I am just outright miserable and a pain to be around (but that is my next blog). 

But there was one perfect human being that walked this earth and in the end he didn't quite belong anywhere either.  He came to save us from ourselves, he loves us, and would do anything for us.  He walked this earth with a message of love and salvation but instead was outcasted, rejected and later killed. 

Isaiah 53:5 - But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

So the next time you feel like you don't quite fit in and that you don't belong anywhere, remember you are not alone and you have a friend and Savior that knows exactly what you are going through.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment