2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Friday, June 18, 2010

The Potter's Hands

Jesus' HandsImage by Thomas J via Flickr
We all start out as a ball of clay in the Potter's hands.  He has been working on me for sometime now.  Slowly, patiently molding me into the person I'm supposed to be.  I always wonder if he will ever finish.

It's not always comfortable being molded, giving Someone control of your life. I can often fell Him nudging at my shoulder to remove the last bit of that chip.  He is constantly skimming my back in order to lighten my load.  Kneading and pulling at my heart to soften it and make sure that it doesn't turn to stone.  Carefully carving at my feet insuring that my soul is firm.  Smoothing away all those little imperfections and watering down my pride.  I'm a work in progress, but I am in the Master Artist hands.  He won't stop unless I walk away from him.  You would think this daily process would get exhausting but he doesn't stop.  It feels like everyday he has to start from scratch.  But he doesn't give up, even when I think all hope is lost. Why is He so patient with me, why does He love me so? Why is it not matter what I do he still loves me?  He knows that one day I will be perfect, the day when people look at me and all they will see is Him.

There it is, His masterpiece.  That masterpiece will be me and you, if you let Him.

Jeremiah 18:6- As the clay is in the potter's hand, so you are in My hand.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment