2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Glass on the Outside

Broken glassImage via Wikipedia
I am not really sure how I got to this point.  I don't ever remember a time when I wasn't guarded.  I built these walls around me to keep me from getting hurt.   I never really realized that they were just glass on the outside and ready to shatter at any given moment. Never let them see you cry was my motto, you don't want people to think that you are broken. A smile, a kind remark, any act of kindness just simply a habit, because it is what you are supposed to do, even when people aren't so kind to you.  Acting like things don't bother me. What is the point of these walls if you get hurt anyway? And why did I build them on such a weak foundation?

Even the strongest walls can crumble if there are not on the right foundation.

Matthew 7: 24-27 -Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Lord, I know that my broken road prepares Your will for me.  Help me to remember that daily and remember that I have a purpose.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment