2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Machine Gun Preacher

Internally Displaced Persons in SudanImage by United Nations Photo via Flickr
This is an upcoming movie that is supposed to start filming this summer 2010. It is a movie that I am extremely anxious to see (and no its not because Gerard Butler is in it). The movie is based on the life of a former biker/drug dealer by the name of Sam Childers who found God and was called to go to the Sudan to save the children in that region. You can check out the website for the real Machine Gun Preacher, Sam Childers and his cause at http://machinegunpreacher.org/. I really hope that Hollywood doesn't miss the boat on this one and leave God out. Because Mr. Childers mission is God's mission and yes he carries guns, but I don't think that I would be caught in that area without one or a few for that matter.

How may people are willing to leave everything behind to do God's work?

"If anyone wishes to come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me" (Luke 9:23)

I love Mr. Childers story simply because it shows the love that God has for us and that it doesn't matter who you are and where you have been you have a purpose.

Hollywood please don't let me down.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment