2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Fortune Cookie

Photo of an open fortune cookieImage via Wikipedia
I had Chinese food yesterday for lunch and of course I read my fortune from my fortune cookie, not that I believe in that stuff or anything, I was just curious what it had to say. It read "In this world it is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich." I was actually impressed, it wasn't something silly or off the wall, it was actually something that made me think.

I was about 7 years old when I decided that I was going to be a lawyer when I grow up. My dad told me that I would be the best lawyer because I could argue my point extremely well. So why not make money off of something I do well, right?? I was a senior in college when I decided that I didn't want to be a lawyer anymore. I wanted to have a family instead. I had been working for a very successful lawyer at that time in a very large law firm. I was only a file clerk at the time but, I saw most of these lawyers with no time for themselves, working 60+ hours a week just to make a name for themselves. It was then that I decided that I would rather be poor and happy then rich and miserable.(I would prefer to be rich and happy) I am not saying that you can't have both, but you do have to find a balance. And after awhile I just didn't have the desire for it anymore.

When I am old I am not going to look back on my life and say I wish I would have worked more and made more money, I just hope I don't say that I wish I would have spent more time with my family.

I have never regretted not becoming a lawyer, although I do have other dreams that regret not reaching for. But, I consider myself the richest women in the world, I have two wonderful, beautiful children and wonderful husband too. And that is something money can't buy.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment