2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Celebrities

Λεωνίδας / 300 the movieImage by Σταύρος via Flickr
I hate the way that celebrities are portrayed as superheros and all knowing, like they are perfect beings incapable of imperfection. The media loves a new rumor to gossip about, the world thrives on gossip. But I am guilty too. I love to hear the latest celebrity gossip, I find myself googling different celebrities to find out the latest gossip or rumors. But then I take a step back and realize that they are just like me and you. They are human and fallible. They have cellulite and stretch marks, they have weight issues and worries. No they are not really spartan warriors and no they do not fly around on dragons, they are not demigods that fight supernatural beings, and they are not mystical beings with magical powers. Actually, at the end of the day they are human and they have the same fears as you and me, they are not invincible, they have feelings too. The only difference is that most of them have a lot of money, but money can't buy happiness, it can buy you a lot of misery.

They are entitled to a life a personal life. Why are we so nosey when it comes to their lives? Like we can live vicariously through them. So what is our obsession with the rich and famous? We all want to believe that the grass is greener on the other side, but is it? When so many celebrities are going in to rehab for the craziest things, not just drug and alcohol addiction but now sex addiction (that is a whole nother blog by it self).

What is it about their lives that is so much better than ours? And why do we always focus on when the fall?

ECCLESIASTES 1:2-"Vanity of vanities," says the Preacher, "Vanity of vanities! All is vanity."
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment