2 Corinthians 12:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Because it needed to be done

Today was one of those days. I spent four hours this morning cleaning the kitchen at my job (my paying job), literally on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor. Why? because it needed to be done. My boss asked me yesterday if I could find someone to come in to clean it. The floor was, well disgusting and the whole room need to be moved around. I figured that there was no cleaning service that would be willing to tackle this project, so I offered to do it. Now I work for an attorney, I have 10 years of legal experience, a college degree and have always been one of the best at what I do. But this project really needed to be done. I decided along time ago that there was no task that was beneath me. It needed to be done, so I did it. I do admit it was a bit humbling and I felt a little like Cinderella, but it needed to be done. The kitchen looked so nice when it was all finished.

When Jesus walked this earth there was nothing that was beneath him, He was the teacher who washed his disciples feet, He spent his time with the theives, liars, the sick, the poor, the rejected, and He is the King who bore my sins for me. There is nothing that He wouldn't do for me so there is nothing that is below me. I can imagine that His journey was humbling, but it was an example of how we should live. And if people can see any kind of reflection of Him in me through my humility than it is all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment